Requirements for a marriage license issued by Gosper County
- Both applicants must be at least 17 years of age. In the State of Nebraska you can not marry if you are under 17.
- Parental consent is required for applicants who are under age 19. The parental consent forms are available at the County Clerk’s office.
- Both applicants must supply a form of photo identification
license or passport).
- Will need to know the birthplace of both the bride and groom.
- Will need to know both parents full names, mother’s maiden name, and birthplaces.
- The bride or groom must provide their Social Security Numbers, if they have one. Applicants who do not have a Social Security Number must complete a form provided by the Clerk asserting they do not have a Social Security Number.
- If either applicant has a previous marriage, you will need to know the date the marriage ended. (Date of divorce decree or date of death.)
- There are no blood tests required in the State of Nebraska.
- Marriage licenses are good for one (1) year from the date of issuance.
- The applicants may apply for their marriage license in any county in Nebraska and use it to be married in any County in Nebraska.
- The fee to receive a marriage license is $15.00.
To receive a Gosper County certified marriage license you will need to send the following information and a $5.00 check or money order:
- Name of Groom
- Name of Bride (please include maiden name)
- Month/Year of marriage
(You must have received your marriage license in Gosper County for us to send you a certified copy.)
Please mail to:
Gosper County Clerk
P.O. Box 136
Elwood, NE 68937